1. Strict silence should be observed in the library.
2. Only the members of the staff and students of the college are entitled to the use of library. (UG/PG students from under colleges, research scholars and the general public can also access the resources of the library on producing their ID’s and a letter of introduction from the heads of their institutions and with prior permission of the principal of this college.
3. Students are allowed to take only paper into library. Books, umbrellas etc. Should be left at the entrance.
4. The library follows the Open Access System. Make the necessary entries in the borrower’s card and in the ledger placed in the library. Then hand over the book to the library assistant who will stamp the due date on the date label and issue the book.
5. No person shall write upon, tear out or make on any book or article belonging to the library.
6. Each student is give two borrowers’ cards (PG students – 4 cards) which are not transferable. One book can be borrowed at a time against each card. When the book is returned to the library, she must submit to the library all cards issued her.
7. Books are issued to members of the staff when library staff make the necessary entries in the ledger maintained for them. At the end of the academic year they are expected to return all the books and periodicals borrowed.
8. Dictionaries, periodical publications and other reference books shall not be lent out. If any of them is issued out with special permission for overnight reference, it shall be returned to the library the very next day as soon as the library opens.
9. Members are not permitted to sublend the books or cards issued to them.
10. Students are expected to take care of the cards issued to them. A student to whom the cards are issued will be responsible for all the books borrowed against that card. When a student has to get a no dues chit or a clearance certificate from the library , she must submit to the library all issued to her.
11. If the card lost by the student, she shall make a written report to the librarian. A duplicate card will be issued on payment of the fee of Rs. 10/-
12.Students shall return their cards at the end of the particular course.
13. Two books can be borrowed at time for the period of 14 days and must be returned on or before the date indicated in the book. An overdue charge of Rs. 1/- per volume will be levied per day after the due date. Once a book is issued it will not be taken back on the very same day.
14. If the book is damaged or lost by a member, she shall pay the cost for replacing the book (three times). If one volume of a set of books is damaged or lost by a member she must replace it with a copy of the same edition. If it is not available she shall replace the whole set. If the lost book is recovered after having replaced it or paid the value there of the member shall not be permitted to return it to the library and get back the new copy or its price.
15. Before leaving the counter, the members must examine the book borrowed and report to the library staff any damage found therein. If they fail to do so, they will be held responsible for any damage detected afterwards.
16. The librarian can recall from a borrower any book at any time.
17. The loan can be renewed for the further period of seven days if the book is not required by others.
The available academic Journals:-
- Current Science – Science
- Economic Affairs – Arts
- Economic and Political Weekly – Arts
- Electronics for You – Science
- Gandhi Marg – Arts
- Higher Education for the Future – Arts
- Indian Journal of Gender Studies-Arts
- Indian Journal of Nutrition & Dietetics-Science
- Indian Journal of Post Colonial Literatures – Arts
- Indian Journal of Political Science- Arts
- Indian Journal of Public Administration- Arts
- India Quarterly – Arts
- ISDA Journal- Arts
- Journal of Astro Physics and Astronomy – Science
- Journal of Bio Science – Science
- Journal of Chemical Science – Science
- Journal of Earth System Sciences – Science
- Journal of Genetics – Science
- Journal of St.Thomas Christians – Religion
- Mathematics Today – Science
- Mainstream – Arts
- Man and Development – Arts
- New Frontiers in Education – Arts
- Omega – Indian Journal of Science and Religion – Religion
- Pramana – Journal of physics – Science
- Proceedings-Mathematical Science – Science
- Quarterly Review of Historical Studies – Arts
- The Quest – Arts
- Resonance: Journal of Science Education – Science
- Rock Pebbles: Arts
- Sajosps – Arts
- Science and Culture – Science
- Science India – Science
- Science Reporter – Science
- Science and Society – Science
- Seminar: The Monthly Symposium –Arts
- Social Action – Arts
- University News – Arts
- Vikasini – Arts
- World Affairs: A Journal of International Issues – Arts
- World Focus – Arts
- Bhashaposhini – Arts
- Sahityalokam – Arts
- Vijnakairali – Arts