DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL NUTRITION AND DIETETICS
Nutrition plays a primary role in growth, development, health and fitness. Maintaining appropriate nutrition throughout life is very important. The importance of nutrition is progressing in the present scenario. Considering and to equip the students for a career, the Management of Alphonsa College, Pala introduced a job oriented graduate and post graduate course in Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics. The programme in clinical nutrition and dietetics offers a thorough study of the field of nutrition and dietetics giving special attention to the clinical aspects. An integration of theory, practical, internship and community work aim at equipping the students the necessary proficiencies for a wide variety of carriers.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- An Empowered Woman Carved for a Healthy Nation.
- To create vibrant and competent young women who can sustain the values and morals and can contribute to the health of the family, society and nation.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To equip the students with deep knowledge to become globally competent.
- To inspire the students to be self motivated, to be positive and to be industrious.
- To tailor the students to mould a healthy society
- Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics: 3 years (started 1998).
- Sc Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics: 2 years (started 2004).
- Dietitians in hospitals
- Freelance Registered Dietitians(RD)
- Diet consultants in hotels, flight kitchens, railways and industrial canteens.
- Nutritionist in health clinics and food industries
- Member of teaching faculty in higher education
- Research assistants/ Associate in institutes undertaking research programmes in nutrition and health
- Project officers under different welfare programmes of governmental and non – governmental organizations
- Project officers in nutrition programmes FAO, WHO, UNICEF